Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Heart To Heart


When I get busy, I tend to get stressed. And when I get stressed, I get cranky. And when I get cranky...well, let's just say that I try not to get cranky. But it happens sometimes, especially when I am feeling overwhelmed.

During the week it's go go go and do do do, and sometimes when the weekend comes, it's hard to wind down. Aside from Friday night vegging out sessions (sooooo nice) I often wake up on Saturdays and Sundays bouncing off the walls, determined to make practical use of each moment to get things accomplished. Unless someone grabs me by the shoulders and shakes some sense into me, I might forget to eat breakfast or remember that weekends are also a time to have fun and re-energize.

The weekend before last, Jake shook some sense into me (figuratively speaking, of course) and helped me relax by assembling a cute little breakfast that I could not resist. Since it was Passover, matzoh was the main course, and the sunny side egg yolk I often enjoy sopping up with my bread was out of the question (those of you who have tried to mop up anything with matzoh know what I am talking about. Picture cleaning a saucy plate with Melba Toast. Not happening.)

So Jake presented me with my next favorite breakfast item: cottage cheese with homemade strawberry jam. And he added a side of cherry tomatoes (my favorite) in the shape of a heart, surrounded by matzoh. And, of course, he brewed a nice big strong mug of coffee for me. He's no fool.

I think that was a pretty good reason to slow down and have breakfast with my sweetie. Sometimes it's just the little things that make you happy. And it's good to have a partner who balances out your personality and helps remind you what's important.

I think I wanna marry this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!