Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm Married!!

Photo Credit: © Andrew Cross. All Rights Reserved.

It's over!

I'm a married woman!

And...everything went perfectly! Really.

Even my most critical friends and family had one thing to say: "I wouldn't change a single thing if I could."

I have so much to share and say, but it will have to wait until I return from my honeymoon...

I will share one thing I have learned, though: There is a difference between making the wedding personal and making the wedding all about you. The first lets people into your world, your life, your relationship in an honest way. The latter (in my humble opinion) is a way to show off and make yourself the center of attention (often) without any substance. Putting Jake and I's initials on every napkin, gift box, sign, etc. would not have provided guests with any insight about who we are (though it would be aesthetically pleasing perhaps). Spreading photographs on all the guest tables for them to sift through--on the other hand--does give people a chance to see what we have been up to for the last several years, and what kinds of activities we enjoy (and was one of the biggest hits at the wedding). I definitely feel we did what was comfortable for us, and what felt right. And guests really enjoyed themselves and kept telling us how special the details were. It was all SO worth it!

Much more to share...

See you in three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!